Let a certified mechanic replace your engine air filter right where you're parked.
Our repair experts will send you a quote in under 5 minutes.
NuBrakes is rated 4.94/5 by 14270 customers
Life's busy. So why waste your time sitting at a shop? Our mobile mechanics come to you and replace your engine air filter around your schedule.
Our upfront, no-obligation vehicle repair quotes are designed to give you a transparent view into your vehicle's repair costs.
Our mobile mechanics have decades of combined experience, and all services are backed by our Nubrakes Guarantee.
We make engine air filter replacement simple and easy.
The average cost to replace your engine air filter is $20 - $85. Pricing may vary based on the type of car you have, as well as the type of (and quality) auto shop that you go to. At NuBrakes, our technicians come to your office or home to do the repair. We don’t markup our parts and have minimal overhead, meaning, we provide you a convenient and low-cost repair option.
When evaluating the cost of an engine air filter replacement, you may want to consider:
It’s important to be in tune with your engine air filter replacement options and how the type of shop will affect the pricing they offer to you. Dealerships will always be the most expensive option for engine air filter replacements. Traditional brick and mortar repair shops will typically provide more affordable automotive service prices than the dealership. However, mobile mechanic services, like NuBrakes, usually provide the best prices because they have significantly less operational overhead… And not to mention, a much more convenient experience… A true win-win.
Still have questions about engine air filter replacements? We're here to help.
The engine air filter is a rectangular pleated filter found near the front of the engine compartment which filters the air that goes to your engine. Without it, your engine will be exposed to unfiltered air with dust, dirt, bugs, and other contaminants, causing your engine to wear down faster.
The following signs may suggest you need to replace your engine air filter:
1. Filters are usually white or off-white, if you notice your filter is dirty, time for it to be changed.
2. There can be several reasons your check engine light will turn on, but one reason is your engine air filter needs to be replaced.
3. Experiencing lower horsepower.
4. You notice black smoke coming out of your exhaust pipe.
5. If you smell gas whenever you start your vehicle.
You can definitely use your car, however, it is always advisable to make sure that you periodically check and replace your engine air filter to avoid long-term damage to your vehicle’s engine. If you continue driving with a dirty air filter, it'll soon clog and block the clean air that'll go to your engine.
Replacing your engine air filter will not only ensure that clean air is going to your engine, but by maintaining clean airflow, you’ll help your car have better fuel economy, enhance acceleration, lessen car emission, and have a longer engine life.
It varies by vehicle but most professional mechanics would suggest every 1 to 2 years.
Of course! Here’s a simple step to follow when replacing your engine air filter:
1. Locate the engine air filter housing. It is usually a black plastic box that sits on the engine.
2. Open the air filter housing using proper tools, it can be screws or clamps (whichever fastens the housing). Remove any dirt or debris.
3. Take the old air filter out.
4. Inspect your filter, check the pleats or you could also tap the filter and if dirt falls out, then it needs to be replaced.
5. Install the new engine air filter.
6. Place the housing back.
Our mobile mechanics deliver top-rated services at your home or office for up to 40% less than a repair shop.
We're 10-40% more affordable on average compared to dealerships and shops so you'll be saving time AND money.
Have a specific time and day that you need your vehicle services? Our service advisors are here to help — contact us to today!